Hemp Tea Recipe
Table of Contents
Hello, fellow cannabis enthusiast! Picture this. You had a stressful day, and now you don't know what to choose—a nice warm cup of tea or a CBD gummy. But wait, what if you didn't have to choose?
What if we told you that you could make yourself the best “hemp bud tea” that will not only taste good but will take the edge off after a long day?
If you don't know how to make hemp tea, don't worry. This guide will teach you how to make CBD tea, along with our favorite CBD tea recipe. Let's take a dive in and show you one of the best ways to consume CBD!
What is CBD Tea?
CBD tea is a hot drink made from infused CBD oil or steeped CBD flower. When you correctly make hemp tea, you will activate the CBD, allowing you to receive the effects gradually.
Although CBD tea is available in tea bags, we recommend you make homemade hemp tea. When you make hemp tea at home, it will give you the best quality hemp tea while allowing you to adjust the hemp to your own preference.
Is Hemp Tea Legal?
As of now CBD is federally legal under the 2018 Farm Bill and legal in most states. At Hometown Hero, we produce high-quality CBD and other cannabinoid products. If CBD is legal in your state and you are 21 years or older, Hometown Hero can offer you products that can be delivered to your door!
Why Should I Use CBD Tea?
Most people consume CBD by sublingual ingestion, inhalation, or as edibles. But did you know that hemp tea is one of the oldest methods of cannabinoid use? Hemp tea has been used for thousands of years all over the world.
When CBD tea is made correctly, fans have reported feeling:
CBD Tea vs. Sublingual Ingestion
One of CBD's most popular methods of consumption is using it sublingually. Sublingual ingestion of CBD is when you place CBD oil directly under your tongue. This method has faster absorption, as oil does not need to be digested. This results in feeling the effects of CBD in about 20 minutes.
When you consume hemp tea, the effects take longer to kick in, but you may choose what flavor the tea is, add sugar, honey, and overall make an enjoyable cup of tea.
Best Way to Make Hemp Tea
The best way to make hemp tea stems from the quality of flower you use in your tea. If you want to make a successful cup of hemp tea, it is vital to use high-quality CBD tincture. At Hometown Hero, we produce high-quality hemp products that are tested to ensure quality and consistency.
Before we can begin making a cup of tea, let's start on the decarboxylation process.
Before you do anything, the CBD in your hemp flower must be decarboxylated. This process will convert CBD-A into CBD. Without this step, you will not have any activated CBD in the hemp flower, which will produce no desired effect.
Don't worry! This process is simple and easy! Here is our step-by-step guide to decarboxylate your hemp flower.
- Preheat your oven to 220ºF
- Break or grind the flower into small pieces and lay it flat on a pan. Make sure the pan is not too crowded
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove from pan to cool
Directions to Make Hemp Tea
Now that your flower is decarboxylated, we can now begin the steps of making hemp tea!
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Then add fat. CBD is hydrophobic, so it doesn’t mix with water. Without a fat-based binding agent, CBD cannot cross into your bloodstream. We recommend using:
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil or butter for each cup of water
- 2 ½ tablespoons of half-and-half, whole milk, or coconut milk for each cup of water used
- After you stir in your water and fat, turn the stovetop on high, and bring it to a boil.
- When the water begins to boil, you may add 1-2 teaspoons of your decarboxylated hemp.
- Please note: Depending on your needs and preferences, the dosing amount will vary from person to person. If you are new to CBD, we recommend starting small and adjusting your dosage as needed.
- Keep your mixture boiling for 10-15 minutes and continuously stir until the time is up.
- After the time is completed, you may use a coffee filter or strainer to separate any plant matter.
- Enjoy the tea as it is, or spice it up by adding your favorite tea packets, honey, or sugar!
Our Favorite CBD Tea Recipe
This recipe is perfect if you are looking for a delicious hot drink without tasting any natural flavors that CBD leaves behind. Trust us, you will never want to drink any other CBD tea again. After you have followed the previous directions, let's add some flavor!
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of half and half
When you add this combination of ingredients to your hemp tea, it will boost the flavor, creating an enjoyable cup of CBD tea.
Learning how to make hemp tea is not difficult with these easy-to-follow directions. CBD tea has been used worldwide for thousands of years, so why not give it a try? Who knows, you may even never want to consume CBD any other way!
Is hemp tea legal?
As of now hemp tea is federally legal under the Farm Bill of 2018 and is legal in most states.
When to drink hemp tea?
You can drink hemp tea whenever it best fits your needs. Some people start their day with CBD tea, while others end their day with it. It is all based on preference!
What does hemp tea taste like?
Hemp tea has a fresh and earthy taste that can be altered to taste sweet or bitter based on what you enjoy!