Delta-8 Capsules vs. Gummies
With the number of Delta-8 products available, consumers can explore different consumption methods.
And as exciting as it is, not everyone is willing to try every product.
We get that, which is why we are taking both products head to head to assist you in finding the right one for you.
However, let’s be honest.
Edibles and capsules seem to be the same thing…but you’ll find they aren’t.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Delta-8 Capsules?
Most Delta-8 capsules are made with hemp extract mixed with a carrier oil (hemp oil or MCT oil).
The liquid is contained in a gelatin-based capsule, which can hold a range from 10mg to 100mg of different cannabinoids.
Hemp-infused capsules come in various concentrates giving enthusiasts a product right at their fingertips.
Let’s take a look at their pros and cons.
Delta-8 Capsules Pros
- Precise Measurement: Each capsule contains a pre-measured amount of Delta-8 THC. Typically it will be in 15g or 25mg amounts.
- Convenience: Capsules can be carried around anywhere and are arguably the most discreet method. Simply have a bottle and take it with you on any journey.
- No mess: With other methods, you sometimes need to tools. Which means there’s going to be a clean-up later on. But with capsules, you take it with a cup of water without any left over mess.
- No taste: There are hemp products that taste delicious with little to no grassy after-taste. However, some still have this, which makes capsules even better—there is no taste.
- Calories: If you’re using edibles on a diet, it’s nearly impossible to know the exact amount of calories you are consuming. Let alone the macros. However, there is a meager amount of calories with capsules, so you won’t need to count them.
- Cost: For Delta-8 capsules, price should be considered. Compared to other consumption methods, capsules tend to be on the cheaper side. This makes it easy to consume high-quality hemp without breaking the bank.
Delta-8 Capsules Cons
- Slow Acting: Similar to edibles, capsules take far longer to activate than smoking. This drawback has resulted in some sticking with Delta-8 flower because they don’t feel like waiting for the effects.
- Difficult to adjust: A capsule cannot be cut or pulled apart. This disadvantage leaves individuals unable to scale down from the initial Delta-8 concentration.
- Oral delivery: If you’re terrible at taking pills, then Delta-8 capsules will be the same battle.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Delta-8 Gummies?
Delta-8 gummies come in all shapes, sizes, flavors, colors…you get the point.
They are all different, with some being more favored than others.
But at the end of the day, what you prefer comes down to what you’re looking to achieve.
Below are the pros and cons of Delta-8 gummies:
Delta-8 Gummies Pros
- Precise Amount: Same with capsules, gummies don’t need any brainpower because the manufacturers does all the work. Instead of smoking Delta-8 and estimating the amount of THC consumed, gummies are made with the portion of THC listed.
- Convenience: Throw it into a purse, backpack, or anywhere your heart desires. Whatever you decide, one thing remains—convenience. Gummies are small and can easily be taken wherever you go.
- Discreet: If you’re smoking Delta-8 joint, you might draw unwanted attention due to the smoke and scent. But if you want to remain discreet, all you have to do is chew on a gummy.
- Taste: There are some fans of the natural taste of hemp, but others might not be so fond of it. Nonetheless, gummies can taste so sweet that you must refrain from eating more. Edibles will give you the best of both worlds if you have a sweet tooth and a love of hemp.
- Easy to adjust: Don’t feel like starting with the whole gummy? Grab a knife and start smaller.
Delta-8 Gummies Cons
- Slower acting: For the gummies to activate, it has to be broken down, converted, and then they can reach the bloodstream. And as you can imagine, this process is not instantaneous. Unlike smoking and tinctures, consumers have to wait far longer for effects to be. So if you’re not willing to wait the time, other methods will be more ideal.
- More expensive: You heard it here, it’s more expensive. Since gummies are typically made to taste pleasant, a lot of testing goes on behind the scenes to ensure it's effective and delicious. But to achieve this, it takes more labor, which affects the price.
D8 Capsules vs. D8 Gummies Absorption Rate
Delta-8 capsules and edibles have a nearly identical absorption rate.
After the capsule is consumed, it will dissolve and release the cannabinoids in the mixture, where it will then be absorbed through the digestive tract walls.
Like capsules, edibles will forgo the same process.
The THC will be absorbed up to 20 percent in the stomach and liver.
But then the process continues by metabolizing the Delta-8 THC into a compound called 11-Hydroxy-Delta-8-THC.
After it is converted to 11-Hydroxy-Delta-8, the compound will be absorbed into your bloodstream to reach the cannabinoid receptors.
From there, it will bind to the cannabinoid receptors and activate the effects.
What Product is Safer?
When you choose products from Hometown Hero, they are tested by a DEA-registered lab to ensure you know exactly what you’re consuming.
In addition to our thorough testing, we make sure our edibles are made with high-quality ingredients.
In regards to overall safety, Delta-8 is meant to be used responsibly by customers that are 21 years or older.
There is a possibility of feeling “overwhelmed” by overconsumption. Still, there is very little threat of physical danger.
Before trying Delta-8 THC, seek medical advice.
Once approved, start small and try out different consumption methods to find your perfect fit.
If you plan to be pregnant, pregnant, or breastfeeding, avoid consuming all cannabinoid products, including Delta-8 THC.
When Are Delta-8 Capsules Are Better Choice?
Capsules and gummies are like apples and oranges.
Some love apples and don’t enjoy oranges, and vice versa.
The same concept applies to which product fits well for the occasion.
From a standard viewpoint, we can imagine someone choosing capsules for traveling or applying them to their daily regimen.
But remember, there is no “better” choice.
This stems down to lifestyle, preference, and sometimes, availability.
When Are Delta-8 Gummies Are Better?
If you’re looking to consume an edible that tastes good and curbs cravings for sweets, gummies might be the better choice.
Bring them to a small social gathering and pass them around, or have some ready with a side of popcorn for a movie night.
Nevertheless, the opportunities are endless.
And if you want a gummy with a burst of flavor, our Delta-8 Blueberry Gummies will do just the trick.
Packed with 25mg of high-quality Delta-8, with the fresh and delightful flavor of blueberry, you will go to heaven and back (and that’s before the effects).
But we understand if blueberry isn’t your cup of tea, so we made sure to have multiple flavors to choose from.
Whichever flavor is decided, one thing is for sure—these gummies will go above and beyond every expectation you had.
When choosing between gummies and capsules, take the advantages and disadvantages, and find out which best aligns with what you’re looking for in a hemp product. And sometimes, it might be best to try each out to find which one you prefer. But one thing is for sure, when you shop with Hometown Hero—the quality of the product will never be a question.