Cannabis Banana Bread Recipe
You head to the grocery store and find the perfect bundle of bananas. You come home, place them on the counter, and before you know it, they’re brown and spotted.
Instead of wasting money, you know exactly what to make—banana bread.
Warm and gooey, this dish will turn any evening (or morning) into a better one. But this isn’t your average recipe.
Our banana bread cannabis recipe has, well…cannabis.
So if you enjoyed a warm slice with a cup of milk in the past, it’s time to gather some ingredients to whip up a batch of edibles like no other.
How To Make Cannabis Banana Bread
If you’re looking for cannabis-infused banana bread that is easy to make and packed with flavor, this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. But to create a treat as delicious as this, it comes down to those brown, overripe bananas.
The bananas should be dark yellow with dark browning, and the riper it is, the moister and more intense the flavor will be.
Let’s gather the ingredients:
Cannabis Banana Bread
- 1/2 CBD or Delta-8 butter (cannabutter)
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cannabis Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C ). Grease the loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Add bananas and melted hemp butter into a large bowl and mash it together until a smooth consistency.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs, and mix it until blended.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a second bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of the loaf and come out clean.
- Let sit on the counter for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan to finish the cooling process.
How To Store Edible Banana Bread
If you’re planning to eat your loaf over the next few days, wrap it in plastic and leave it on the counter. Avoid storing it in the fridge because it can cause the bread to dry.
However, if you don’t expect to consume your loaf over the next four days, we recommend freezing it.
Depending on your preference, you can either plastic wrap individual slices or the whole loaf.
Double wrap the pieces (or loaf) in a resealable bag. Squeeze out as much air without squishing the bread. Mark the date, and place it in the back of the freezer.
From here, the banana bread can keep its flavor and moisture for up to four months in the freezer.
How To Thaw Banana Bread
If you freeze the banana bread in slices, the thawing process can take 30 minutes or less. Unwrap them and leave them on the counter until soft. If you’d rather quicken up the process, put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or in the toaster for a few minutes.
As for a whole loaf, it can take 4 hours or more until it is defrosted. So if you plan on having a gathering, set it out in the morning, and check on it in a few hours.
If you don’t have time to wait, remove the loaf from the freezer, unwrap it, and turn on the oven to 350°F. Wrap it in foil, set it directly on the rack of your oven, and set a timer for 50 minutes. When it’s done, it should feel soft to the touch. Remove the bread from the oven, and let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes, then dig in.
This cannabis banana bread can be ideal for unwinding or sharing with others.
And by the time you give it a try, you’ll find yourself buying extra bananas at the store to make this recipe.
Add chocolate chips or nuts. Either way, the possibilities are endless with this fun, tasty dessert.
But remember, start small. Homemade edibles are challenging to gauge. So begin with a bite or two (not the whole slice), and see how you feel in a few hours.